Have you found that your communications were misunderstood and misinterpreted, and you do not know what it is? do you have times when you say one thing and people “hear” a completely different meaning? Have you ever frustration communicating something you thought was clear and somehow it resulted in wounding or argument? Do you wonder how this could happen or what to do to communicate more effectively? Here are some things you can consider to ensure that your communications are effective.
1. Let’s look at what it means to communicate effectively. This means that you get the desired results you and your words are understood fully. The meaning is not distorted at either end of the communication. People know what you mean. There are no accidental misunderstanding.
2. Be clear about the outcome you desire. The best communication is simply to provide information directly. Spend attempts to win others to “get way”. Such trials are almost guaranteed to backfire explosion. “Minimalism” are actually not as hidden as you imagine and are usually doomed to produce negative results. They simply make others trust you. Aim for direct, sincere, honest communication, and your results will improve dramatically.
3. Learn to develop tact. The dictionary definition of fair play is, “acute sensitivity to what is right and appropriate in communicating with others, including the ability to speak without breaking.” This is challenging in these times when bluntness, “trueness” and nastiness seem to be the norm in the debate. Think about it though, without tact, the communication tend to be offensive. How to add something?
4. tone of voice can have a lot to do with being considered both direct and care. A gentle yet firm tone of voice works in most cases and with most people. Strident, aggressive, demanding, abusive, belittling and combative tones of voice are guaranteed to produce negative results. Even if they “work” you have finally produced an underlying resentment of the recipient.
5. Respect should always be a big part of communication -. Respect for self and others Think before you send disrespect to others. Those who honor those who give respect.
6. give some thought to your general use in all your dealings. Consider potential general purpose to be constructive in all your dealings. This does not mean to be a “know it all” or meddle. It simply means to have a positive purpose in your relationship.
7. Be aware of your audience when you communicate. This means that you may need to “shape” your communication known characteristics listener so that the true intent is heard. If the audience is known susceptibility in one direction or another, take into account. An example might be when he spoke to a known vegan, at least on the meat could distract them from the intended message. This example may be somewhat exaggerated to illustrate the point. If you know about some of the proclivities of the audience, consider this when communication.
8. No matter how well qualified you are, it may mistake anyway. The best solution for this seems to be a gentle statement something like, “Looks like I have miscommunicated somehow. It was not my intention. I wonder what you heard.” Then wait and listen.
9. Listening truly and with an acute awareness of the fragility of others is one of the best skills you can develop to ensure that your communications are effective. Understanding all “between the lines” information help you to act in a way to win – in fact
Being successful in communicating means you get the results you want when you talk to others . This is a very powerful and empowering skills, and is well worth the effort to develop.