Is your organization suffering from severe communication problems? Someone once said that “relations are based organization” – and it truly is. The institution is experiencing a breakdown in communication will not survive very long because many problems will crop up and eventually cause the organization to die a natural death.
If the organization is experiencing communication problems, you must do what you can to resolve this as quickly as possible. Life business is at stake.
How do you know if your organization is experiencing communication problems? There are 12 possible signs that you should look out for :.
1) You find it difficult to get people to work
2) Some are left out of communication
3) Replies to your messages are delayed or completely
4) groups of the organization are not achieving their goals.
6) People 5) Mistakes are cropping up more and more often. are resorting more to criticism and put the blame on others.
7) Morale of teams is going down.
8) Productivity is dull or at zero level.
9) You get many complaints.
10) hours due to a conflict in the expression of anger.
11) There is a significant staff turnover.
12) Business is going to competitors place
If you find that there are some or many (if not all) of these warning signs present in your company, it is advisable for you to take steps to deal with such problems before they kill organization.
How does one correct or resolve such problems? There are different steps to take to counter the prevalence of communication problems in organizations.
1) First, listen to the people involved or have caused communication problems in the first place. Doing so allows you to uncover the depth, nature and roots of the communication problem for that group of people.
2) If problems are quite large and have deep-rooted causes, you may want to ensure that the help of a neutral negotiator. These third parties may be able to get inside the problem better than insider because when communication problems crop up, a group involved may choose to clam up or point fingers rather than admit to their role in creating the problem.
3) to maintain confidentiality, it can be used
tool such survey. People who may be afraid to tell the truth because of reprisals would then have another safer option compared to coming out from the crowd.
4) After you have discovered the problem and the roots, you can choose to initiate group counseling or training. The point of this is to deal with the problem of the group, rather than focusing on just one person. Finger-pointing is avoided. The saying “united we stand, divided we fall” should be the motto of the group.
5) It is important for leaders to have great communication skills so that communication problems can be solved. Communication skills required to analyze communication problems, and of course, provide the necessary solutions. Leaders who lack adequate communication skills might benefit from more training in communication
6) Do your research -. Maybe communication problem you are experiencing now has occurred before in history. And maybe someone knows a solution that could work now. So look into the heart of the organization, ask for, you can find a way to properly handle communication problems your organization.
Remember that if your organization is already suffering communication problems, not wait for these symptoms worsen. Good communication is essential for business to function properly and be viable in the influx of numerous challenges from the environment. Respond immediately to communication problems and stem the bleeding in the business.